Queen of the Quadratic

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Fun with the Family

Last week, my out-of-state family came to visit and we all went to a local amusement park for a day of thrill rides and general fun. While there, I saw one of my former students operating one of the rides. I recognized her, but it was rather late in the day and she was running on autopilot (no longer "seeing" any particular person). I didn't say anything because I was enjoying the anonymity. I decided to upgrade the tickets for my family to season passes so we could return and enjoy another day (or ten) at the park. In the hospitality center, the young lady helping me asked, "So how's your summer going?" I thought the question a little on the personal side, but answered that I was having a wonderful summer anyway. She then continued, "You don't remember me?", so now I was on the spot and I glanced at her name badge for help. I looked again at her face and said, "You changed your hair a LOT." though I still couldn't place her. She gave me another hint or two about who she was and I finally came around. I felt bad about not recognizing her, but she really did look very different with her hair cut.

I plan to return with my family in about 10 days. We'll have a short day at work (just to finalize grades and such) and then we can enjoy another day at the park.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home