Queen of the Quadratic

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Inservice Week

Inservice started on Monday. It was really great to see everyone again, and to meet the new people on our campus. My room needed (and still needs) a lot of work. My students, in an effort to help me close out the year, boxed up all of my things and took down all of my posters and various other decorations. While I greatly appreciate it, I am having a difficult time finding everything again!

I stayed very late last night (3 hours past when they turned off the air conditioner) to try to get a few things accomplished. They've kept us very busy so far this week going to meetings and trainings and the convocation (a sort of "pep rally" for our district) that we haven't had any time to work in our rooms. I was able to move a table over to incorporate it as part of my desk/workspace. All of the student desks are in an eclectic dissarray and most are topped with various file folders and papers that I found while "cleaning out" the file cabinet.

In addition to all of the meetings set upon us by the administration, we have meetings with our subject teams. I'll be teaching Geometry (for the first time) and I'll be leading the Algebra 2 team. We had those meetings yesterday also!

Today will be packed with inservice with only about 3 hours total time to work in my classroom (and part of that has to be spent on lunch!) I intend to figure out how the student desks will be arranged and make it a reality, hook up the two student computers and figure out exactly where they are going to live, and if there is any time left (yea right), start working on specific preparation for the first day (photocopies, syllabi, agenda, procedures, etc.)

The start of school...

What a wonderful time of year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home