Queen of the Quadratic

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Summer Program Ending

Tomorrow is graduation for the kids in the summer program. Those that received the highest marks will be honored amongst all the groups (the program was hosted at 6 or 7 area colleges/universities). Tomorrow will be the first time I see any of the kids from the other campuses.

The site director has asked me to return next year. I had already decided that I want to do it again (perhaps every summer). The only thing that could improve my experience would be better communication on the part of the site director. I was often in the dark about what the schedule was for a particular day, or when I was expected to do certain things. Had I known earlier, I could've planned for them to keep things *just so* as I like them.

Despite this minor annoyance, I want to return to the same site with the same site director and the same other instructors. The program assistants may or may not return. One of the program assistants is the daughter of one of my esteemed colleagues at the high school where I work. She is actually the reason that I took this job. I do hope she returns next summer. She was quite amazing with the kids.

Two weeks more before inservice begins. Next weekend, I'll be taking my family to the coast. It's an annual thing that we all enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home