Queen of the Quadratic

Monday, August 28, 2006

How can it be...

One week. Just one little week. It felt like it lasted about two years!

On the upside, my students are wonderful, my classes are "gelling", and I've already built a good deal of rapport with my kids. I think we are going to have a highly successful year.

I convinced a friend of mine (and the admin at school) to come work at my school. She is having a rough time adjusting to the new environment and job description, but I feel confident she'll do just fine. There are several other newbies in my department, some of whom I am very concerned about. Many of my students from years past are stopping by for tutoring in the mornings, and some have decided to switch from the alternate 3rd year math to Algebra 2 in an attempt to get into my classes. It's a little flattering, but at the same time frightening to watch my rosters grow at an exponential rate.

I'm taking a half day off today to visit with my doctor and get the low-down on what's next in the line of ankle repair. I'll report to work for the second half of the day and have a goal to LEAVE WORK no later than 5:30 this evening. (Last week, I didn't leave earlier than 7 on ANY of the 5 nights.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home