Queen of the Quadratic

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Night and Day

I am teaching 4 sections of Algebra 2 where my students are mainly juniors and 2 sections of Geometry where my students are mainly sophomores. The difference between the two types of students is incredible.

My Algebra 2 students work hard, ask questions, do their homework, and succeed on the tests. My Geometry students want to be spoonfed, they NEVER think about what was taught outside of my room, and don't believe that they have any responsibility in their own education. How is it possible for these kids to be only 1 year apart?

After a horrible yesterday with one of my Geometry classes, I've resolved that they need every moment of my class period planned out for them. They cannot be allowed any "choice" in which activity they will engage in. It makes me sad that I have to do this, but they must be taught to learn!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home