Queen of the Quadratic

Friday, September 19, 2008

Good News

I ran into a former student who had returned to campus (for what I haven't a clue) and she said, "I think about you every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday." So I asked her what math course she was taking currently and she said it was college algebra. She told me that it was easy for her because (so far) it is just the things she learned in my class in high school (2 years prior). She also said that others in the class were really struggling and she just couldn't believe it!

I invited her to come speak to my current lot of students (though I think I've got a good bunch this year). She politely declined, but thanked me for providing her with the background and the rigor she needed to succeed in college.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home